Three different packages have been created for participants based on personal preference. All packages include dhow trip, team service trip and optional modules of yin yoga and trauma, as well as YTT Certificate upon completion of 85% participation.
Breakfast and lunch included – USD$3357 (£2600)
Breakfast and lunch included – USD$2257 (£1750)
Optional Daily Dinner Option for 3 weeks – USD$110 (£90)
Because Beach Tower is a beautiful traditional Swahili house the rooming is fairly unusual. Each room has a huge double bed that can not be separated into 2 singles. We are therefore offering single accommodation at a fantastic price $3357. If you would like to save money we can offer you a discount if you opt to share a double bed. In this case it is recommended that you and a friend/partner sign up together or you arrive bearing this sleeping arrangement in mind.
Big dbl bed, breakfast and lunch included – USD $2957 (£2300)
$2000 or £1550 deposit to secure your spot, full payment to be received 60 days before the training commences.
* Accommodation is on first come first serve basis. Once on site accommodation is full, accommodation of similar standards will be organised on Manda or across the channel on Shela (boat will be arranged if accommodation provided in Shela). Crossing the channel takes a maximum of 10 minutes, shorter than a car/boda ride. Many students prefer to be housed in Shela as the journey to Beach Tower is a meditative experience as you watch the sun rise over the Indian ocean.
Accommodation on Manda Island Options is FULL. Provided accommodation will be on Shela island which is a 7 minute boat ride to Beach Tower. Boats will be arranged by Karuna Yoga in the morning at 5:40 am and evening at 7:15 pm. This boat ride as the sun rises is one of the most spectacular meditative spaces to be in and is usually shorter than an uber or a boda ride to your neighbourhood.
– Cancellation before 24th October 2018 – 70% of the monies received will be returned.
– Cancellation before 24th November 2018 – 30% of the monies received will be returned.
– Cancellation after 24th December 2018 – No refunds.
• Yoga Sutras of Patanjali by Satchidananda
• The key muscles of yoga by Ray Long
• The Heart of Yoga by Desikachar
• Teaching Yoga: Essential Foundations and Techniques Mark Stephens
• Prana and Pranayama By Swami Niranjananada Saraswati
Yoga Alliance is an International Organization for the quality and standardization of individual Yoga teachers and Yoga Schools worldwide. In completing our Yoga Alliance (YA) Accredited program, our students receive an internationally recognized teaching qualification. In accordance with the standards outlined by YA. There are of course several other yoga alliances and organizations around the planet which readily accept our certification.
Our courses cover:
• Techniques Training/Practice: Includes alignment and adjusting asanas, pranayamas, kriyas, chanting, mantra, meditation and other traditional yoga techniques.
• Teaching Methodology: Comprises the principles of demonstration, observation, assisting and correcting, instruction, teaching styles, qualities of a teacher, the student’s process of learning and business aspects of teaching yoga.
• Anatomy and Physiology: Both human physical anatomy and physiology (bodily systems, organs, etc.) and energy anatomy and physiology (chakras, nadis, meridians, koshas etc.). Includes both the study of the subject and application of its principles to yoga practice (benefits, contraindications, healthy movement patterns, etc).
• Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle and Ethics for Yoga Teachers: An in depth study of yoga philosophies, yoga lifestyle and ethics for yoga teachers.
• Practicum: Each student must be actively engaged in the process of teaching, receiving feedback, observing others teaching and hearing and giving feedback. Also includes assisting students while someone else is teaching.